29 March 2013

When fear tells me to turn around



 
Outfit credits: Ebay coat, New Look denim jacket, H&M scarf, dress and leggings, vintage backpack, Fanny Lyckman for Estradeur c/o Nelly.com platforms. 

As you can tell, winter is yet to give way in this poor excuse of a town. I did wear double jackets. But I was brave despite snow and wind and rocked my killer platforms. I tripped two or three times, but only because they feel so much like regular sneakers that I forgot that I was five inches taller than usual. And considering the distance I walked, it's nothing. And Sanna was there every time for me to grab onto, to save me not only from falling over, but also from the pending awkwardness. And it was very nice to be closer to average height than usual (I'm 159cm, so with these on I'm 170). So weird looking down on people on the train!

As you may or may not notice, I've removed the big golden tags from the shoes' tongue, for the following reasons: 1. I'm a crazy-ass DIYer who just can't leave good things alone, 2. They were so sharp in the edges I actually cut myself tying the shoes the first time, 3. I made extra holes so I could tie the shoe all the way up on the ancle, so said sharp edges were starting to cut into the laces, 4. I don't like gold details on "staple" shoes, 5. the tags were just kinda in the way. I'm telling you guys that if this is something you may or may not want to do on your shoes for any of said reasons, that it's totally do-able. You do have to cut them off though, with a scissor/tiny knife, and it will leave holes. But maybe you, like me, prefer this to the alternative. 

But other than the golden tags having it in for me, I stand by my statement that these platforms are pretty great. Easy to walk in as long as you don't forget about the extra inches when walking on uneven ground/stairs. 

Also, good hair day! Still (not so) patiently waiting for my roots to grow out, though.

1 comment: