31 May 2013

Where does all of this madness even come from?


I tried to take pictures to show you the crazyness that is my hair right now. This is as good as it gets, but it doesn't do it justice. This is what it looks like when I do nothing. No curls or waves, no flatening iron. Just some water to try and tame it a litte (without success). I had extensions in earlier, wich is probaby why it refuses to comply to anything now. 

I was always under the impression that if you try to bleach your hair from black to blonde it will basically rot and fall off, withering in pain. Apparently that is not the case for me, because of either my magic or Borg perfection (can't be good genes, because I know of no one in my family with hair like mine). If my hair stays this thick and grows long it will be uncontrollable. It's insane. "But didn't you have long hair before?" you ask. Yes, I did. But then my hair was layered. I don't want to layer my hair now, because I like it all the same length. It appears I am going to pay the price for my vanity, doesn't it? I remember it as having thin hair when I was younger. I now realise my problem wasn't lack of hair thickness, just volume, because it was too bloody heavy to have any.

It's been just over a month since I last dyed my hair now. Feels like a lifetime, haha. Not joking, it really does. I've got about half an inch of roots now, little more in some places, little less in others. And my fringe is just below my eyes. So steady as she goes. Still swimming in silver shampoo and conditioner, though, to keep it ashy, almost grayish. 'Cause warm tones still makes me feel gross. But mixed with hair oils and vitamin B pills it seems it is happier with me than ever.

So know you're all updated on my exciting hair situation. Fun, right?!

Malin out!

6 comments:

  1. This my friends is the only person who changes colour more frequent than I change underwear or sexual partners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Kristoffer, you're so funny! Didn't I say I haven't dyed my hair for over a month? Haven't you changed your underwear in that long?

      Delete
  2. Oh it looks so good! I've been too scared to bleack my hair from dark so I'm slowly going blonder and blonder, but your hair definately is magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me four months to get this shade though (via pink, orange, dark blonde and purple), so you're definitely doing the right thing taking it slow. I am amazed I managed to get bleach blonde at all again. What surprises me is that my hair appears thicker now than it did before I started bleaching.

      Delete