01 October 2014

#artRAVE


I came home from Stockholm a couple of hours ago, having been to Lady Gaga's artRAVE. Don't know if all of you know this about me, but I LIVE FOR LADY GAGA. As you may or may not have noticed I have Born This Way tattooed on my arm (in the banner around the heart on my arm), so you can imagine. I love her so desperately that I traveled half way cross country on my very own and went to the concert by myself, which is so far out of my comfort zone (I've had so my angst about it, but it went well). And it was great. She's always great. This was my fourth time, I've been to the Monster Ball twice and the Born This Way ball before. 

But as much as I adore her and worship the ground she walks on, I have to say this was my least favorite of her shows that I've been to. I didn't like how the stage was planned, and being a shortie it was pretty hard to see a lot of times, wherever you were standing, because of it. And the scenography, costumes and numbers weren't as spectacular as I would have liked and hoped for. But nevertheless, I want to stress that she fucking KILLED, and it was freaking amazing. It's just really hard to measure up to the Monster Ball in Malmö in 2010, because that was the show of the century for me. 

I didn't take a lot of pictures, partly because my iphone camera kinda sucks, and partly because I hate photographing at concerts. I think it devoids from the experience if you're watching most of the show thought a phone screen. Also it's kinda annoying when you're short and it's hard to see as it is, and people keep holding their fucking phones in the way as well. I get that you want pictures, and I don't really judge and get pissed at people who do stick their phones in the air the entire show, but I don't want to be the person who does. 

Malin out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment